Thursday, May 14, 2009

Reading

The awareness of evil leads people to religion. I can't remember right now where else I've read that, but I know I have. 

I agree that the RAC is taking the wrong stance. For my views on school vouches and school choice, view the Milton Friedman Choir singing about it on my sidebar links. But I wish Commentary hadn't labeled their post that way. The RAC really does not speak for all of Reform Judaism (even if they think they do). If an Orthodox political action group had taken a particular stance, I wonder if Commentary would have labeled the post "Orthodox Judaism says....." such and such. Again, I agree with the substance of the post but wish there had been a bit more sensitivity with the headline. I will also admit that I am probably somewhat  hypersensitive on the point. 



No comments:

Post a Comment